|The subject of this article exists in real-life but the content of this page only contains information related to, or derived from the Ferdinand universe. Please keep such information to the minimum and instead, refer to the External Links section for more information.|
|“||Like Ferdinand, I've been called 'The Gentle Soul', with a little too big of a body. Unlike Ferdinand, I don't eat grass. I'm sure there's several other differences...||”|
|—Cena, about his character [src]|
John Felix Anthony Cena Jr. (born April 23, 1977) is an American professional wrestler, rapper, actor, and reality television show host. He voices Ferdinand in the film of the same name, Ferdinand. He is also best known for voicing J.C. from Surf's Up 2: WaveMania. He is also known for playing Mitchell Mannes in the 2018 comedy film, Blockers.
Role in Ferdinand
|“||John Cena was, for me, almost a no-brainer. When I saw him, he was Ferdinand.||”|
|—Carlos Saldanha on casting Cena |
John Cena is the voice actor of Ferdinand in the film. He also acts as the main face for promoting the film.
In addition, director Carlos Saldanha chose Cena as the voice of Ferdinand as the actor was "warm, endearing and honest" like Ferdinand.  He described that Cena looked fierce and intimidating, but was actually "so gentle, and honest, and truthful". 
|“||[It's] about being proud of who who you are and not letting people change you. And it's about fighting for what you believe in.||”|
|—Cena, about the film, on the Today Show|
Cena claims that the movie is "extra special" as it is about finding self-worth and strength to stand up for oneself. 
Cena often compares his personality and built to that of Ferdinand's. Much like his character, Cena claims that he has been called "a gentle soul with a little too big of a body" in his shout out to the film. He also compares himself to Ferdinand once more on the Today Show, stating "People think [Ferdinand's] a big fighter because he's a big bull. He's a big guy, but he's really got a heart of gold. Sounds familiar?"
On December 6, 2017, John Cena read the original Ferdinand story to students at the Library of Congress.
- John Cena has been in 20 movies so far, including Ferdinand.
- John Cena is also a huge fan of Japanese anime, and loves animation films. He is also a huge fan of cartoons. His favorite anime is Fist of the North Star.
- John Cena also reveals before he became a wrestler that he was struggling while doing voice acting.
- Johna Cena is left handed, and speaks Mandarin Chinese. Which he admits it took him 10 years to speak Mandarin Chinese.
- Has made a suggestion to WWE Films that they team up with Disney to do a film version of Dave the Barbarian (2004), with himself playing the title character. Ironically he had replaced Danny Cooksey as the voice of Dave in the Disney animated series Dave the Barbarian (2004), but the show was canceled before any new episodes aired.
|The Ferdinand Wiki has a collection of images and media related to John Cena.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Grobar, Matt. Carlos Saldanha On Expanding The World Of ‘Ferdinand’. (December 8, 2017). Deadline.
- ↑ Henching, Dan. Ferdinand director explains why he cast John Cena. (August 21, 2017). Entertainment. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Did you see John Cena on Today Show? See the Love-a-BULL classic come to life when #Ferdinand arrives in theaters this Christmas.. Facebook. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
|The Cast and Crew of|